Thursday, March 27, 2014

East vs West Coast Style: Pastels

Happy Thursday Loves!

I'm so excited for today's post because it's Round 2 of the East vs. West Coast Style Remix! The gorgeous Floridian Pamela and I are back and this time around we're talking Spring Pastels!

I shamefully have to admit that I completely spaced to take my photos ahead of time and literally bribed my beloved Dana to rush over to my house to take these. I've never taken night shots, she had never shot at night ... but needless to say I think they turned out great for what we had to work with!

I love any and every chance to wear pastels. The pale colors automatically make you look tanner and maybe it's just me, but they generally put me in a better mood. I wear SO much black and navy for work so it's nice to switch it up a bit!
When Pamela and I had initially decided to do pastels I immediately had 3-4 outfits run through my head. Fast forward to the night I took these photos and my mind went BLANK. I had a mint skirt paired with a hot pink tank but that seemed too much and a white short with a baby blue tank seemed too Summer-like. I was thrilled when I stumbled across this paisley pencil skirt because it's one of those items you completely forget about until you see it. Don't worry folks, this beauty will be in FULL rotation for Spring!
Isn't the little cut out in this top fun?!
Top: White House Black Market // Skirt: Ann Taylor // Heels: Nine West // Necklace: Etsy // Earrings: Francescas Collection // Bangles: Forever 21 & Zinia // Ring: David Yurman

Movin' on over to the East coast, Pamela looks like a straight up bombshell in her all mint ensemble with a pop of black in her gorgeous ankle strap heels!

If y'all haven't headed over to Sequins and Seabreezes then seriously what are you waiting for?! I kid, but in all seriousness Pamela's blog is one of my favorites! Her photos are always stunning, but her writing is what sucks me in -- whether she's talking about the changes in Florida's weather, vacation plans or just a random fashion tip you truly feel like you're having a conversation with one of your best girlfriends. 

 Just for shits and gigs I had to share this candid photo Dana caught last night: Hope your Thursday just got a little brighter!

xo, Paige

7 comments :

  1. Love both of these looks, but I think I love your skirt the best! It's so cheery.

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Alex! It's definitely a fun print!

      Delete
  2. Love both your looks! And that skirt is gorgeous!
    <3 Rach and Sho
    www.sophieandtrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I'm pretty obsessed with Pamela's look too!

      Delete
  3. Great looks both of you-- loving the pattern on your skirt!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!