Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY Fabric Corkboard

How to make a fabulous fabric covered bulletin board!


Step 1: You'll need fabric of your choice, a stapler, and a cork/bulletin board.
I scored this framed beauty at Hobby Lobby for half off!cork 1
Step 2: Lay out your fabric face down and place the cork board backing on top for a stencil
cork 2


Step 3: Cut a once inch border around your stencil
cork 3


Step 4: Start to wrap the fabric onto the back of your cork board.
Line it up with how you want the fabric to be displayed on the front
cork 4


Step 5: Once your fabric's lined up, make sure to pull the ends tight and fold them onto the back.
Staple the fabric to the backing as close to the edge as possible. This will ensure it stays tight.
cork 5


Step 6: Once you get to a corner you'll notice it will have extra fabric,
Cut this at an angle and staple the loose end to the board
cork 6


Step 7: Cut off the excess fabric, but make sure to leave a little bit left after the staple.
cork 7


Step 8: This is what your finished backing should look like
cork 8


Step 9: Place the cork board back into the frame and you're finished!
Add some decorative push pins or use stud earrings to place on your fabulous new board!
cork 9
I'm still debating what color I should paint the frame ... any thoughts?



Thanks for reading and be sure to follow me on bloglovin'!
signature


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments :

  1. Love this! Please check out my newest post at http://www.loveolia.com! Hope you'll follow on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought that same frame from Hobby Lobby in the spring for my little sister in my sorority! I wish I would've known how to decorate the cork board...I simply just gave it to her. Clearly, I'm really creative.

    Happy Friday!
    Grace
    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is precious! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The frame is fantastic! I'm sure your little sorority sister loved it!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!